Pages

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Cashew Sour Cream - DIY Pantry

Dairy sour cream never held any wow for me, no particular reason why. Unlike other people who swooned over it on their nachos, baked potatoes, whatever, I always gave away my extra, making friends along the way. But this cashew sour cream? Keeping this bowl for myself!

I just whipped it up tonight so there is no official report of how long it keeps it structure, but I'll update you in a few days. It is smooth and creamy and tangy, full of fluffy peaks and valleys. Tomorrow it will be topping some sweet potato latkes, so look for that recipe!

Speaking of the bowl, it is hand crafted by my marvelously talented sister Emily, who is a potter and made these little bowls especially for my blogging use, to beautifully display dips and sauces, so adorable! Shameless plug for her work which you can see at her Facebook page - Pottery Gal - she sells it at the Block Island Farmers' Market in the summer season, so if you happen to be on The Block, check her out!

Cashew Sour Cream (from The Gluten Free Vegan)
(makes 1 cup)

1 cup raw cashews, soaked at least 6 hours
1/4 cup water1/4 teaspoon salt
1-2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
1 lemon, juiced

Combine all ingredients in blender and puree until very smooth, scraping down the sides if necessary. Serve chilled.

Hugs!

Recipes currently inspiring me:

Butterscotch Blondie Oatmeal Cookies at Cinnamon Spice & Everything Nice
Fall Plum Torte at Stacey Snacks
Makhani Gobi -  Cauliflower in Creamy Tomato Sauce at ECurry!

No comments: