Pages

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Cheese Ravioli with Roasted Tomato Sauce

As I've mentioned in past posts, I never ate pasta or tomatoes as a child. So ironic since that is some of my favorite pairings when it comes to simple pasta dishes. Looking through my blog, I've come a long way! Friday I am hosting Presto Pasta Night #154 and this is my entry.

In this recipe I worked with the roasted tomatoes that I have been making lately. Whirling them in the blender and adding some surprising ingredients to make a creamy, comfort food with healthy ingredients. While I did not have any kids around to confirm my hunch, I think this dish is pretty close to the omnipresent Chef Boyardee of my younger years! I can confirm that it is absolutely delicious!

Cheese Ravioli with Roasted Tomato Sauce

1 batch of cheese ravioli (see here)
1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes
3-4 cloves garlic, minced
olive oil
salt
juice of 1 lemon
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 avocado
3-4 sundried tomatoes, rehydrated in 1 cup boiling water

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Cut tomatoes in half and toss with garlic, salt and olive oil and bake for 20 minutes in single layer in large baking dish. Remove from oven and in blender or food processor blend with rehydrated tomatoes and half the soaking water. Slowly add olive oil to blend completely. Add lemon juice and avocado and blend thoroughly and adjust salt. Serve over hot cooked ravioli.

Hugs!

5 comments:

Martha said...

Just sent my PPN info a few minutes ago. It's nice to meet you. You're recipes here look yummy!

suvi said...

came in here through the PPN link, your blog looks yum!

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful dish. I hope, I get to make it soon. I like how you paired this.

Thanks for hosting. I am off to send you my recipe.

Anonymous said...

This is a wonderful dish. I hope, I get to make it soon. I like how you paired this.

Thanks for hosting. I am off to send you my recipe.

Joanne said...

Ravioli are my favorite type of pasta! (And I hated tomatoes as a kid as well...how times have changed.) Great dish.