Pages

Monday, May 25, 2009

I Made Butter!!!



Yes I did! So easy, so UNBELIVABLY good!!! I can't even begin to describe the taste, it's almost like butter ice cream, if that doesn't gross you out! After eating this, I can't go back to regular, store butter. They're almost like two totally different entities.

For anyone who has ever been taught to make fresh whipped cream, it's the same process, only longer. Luckily, I have an upright mixer that I can just turn on and not have to hold. So for about 30 minutes I just kept scrapping the cream into the path of the beaters until finally it became butter! Oh the rapture, indescribable!

Let me know if you try it!

Homemade Butter

1 pint of Fresh Cream, (I used raw cream, but I don't think it's necessary)
Electric beaters
large bowl
cheese cloth or clean towel
wide mouth glass jar with a tight fitting lid

Pour the cream into the bowl and beat on high for 30 minutes or more. The cream will move through several stages, thickening slowly until it is thicker than beaten eggwhites and finally butter milk will begin to be excreted and tiny flecks of butter will dominante. Scrape all into cheese cloth or clean towel and squeeze gently to allow to drain. Pack tightly into glass jar, with no air pockets, and smooth top; add cold water on top to seal and cover. Keep refrigerated and drain off water each time you use and replace when done. They say it will last 30 days like this but I can guarantee you that you won't be able to make it last that long!

Love and hugs!

No comments: