Pages

Monday, May 4, 2009

Here's to the Next 1200 days of Obama Presidency

Last week President Obama had his 100th day in office and the media abounded with analysis, polls and assessments of his accomplishments to date. But what most astounds me is that, like so many other Americans, I am a) still awed and inspired by him and his family and b) willing to give him a lot of leeway in time and how he intends to solve our country’s policy problems.

I am also astounded at his ability to handle the constant nervous flap that politics in D.C. engenders and his ability to not only stay calm himself, but to radiate that calm to those skittish Beltway folk we elect to run our behemoth of a country. It really is mind-boggling.

And every time I want to reduce the Obama phenomenon down to something – 8 years of Bush/Cheney terror, disastrous economy, right man at right time – my inner truth-o-meter knows that his phenomenon is indescribable, and will never be pinned down. Not that writers of all stripes won’t try to do just that for decades to come, of which I am completely certain. But I feel sure that I am living during a period of human history for which there is no complete explanation of how and why it is occurring. In short, it is a mystery, a beautiful moment that I simply am filled with joy to be witnessing and living.

Love and Big Hugs!

No comments: