Pages

Sunday, November 27, 2016

Chocolate Ricotta Mousse

Eons ago, when I first consciously decided to become vegetarian - kind of on a whim, on Thanksgiving of 1992 - Moosewood Cookbooks were my first veggie cookbooks, and I adored them. Good, tasty, hippy food. And usually not requiring too exotic of ingredients. They introduced me to Arrancini, good homemade French bread and hummus.

As my culinary interest expanded, Moosewood figured less and less in my repertoire. So it was with a great sense of nostalgia that I came across this recipe for a simple chocolate ricotta mousse. Just three ingredients. I mean, really, how can you beat that! And ridiculously delicious!

If you are a frequent visitor and reader to Kirsten's Kitchen you know that desserts do not tempt me, and sweetness is not my favorite taste. But you can make this as sweet or not depending on your own desires, just adjust the type of chocolate you use!

Chocolate Ricotta Mousse (from Moosewood Restaurant)
(serves 4)

12 oz ricotta
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Puree all ingredients in a food processor until really well blended. Spoon into little glasses and serve chilled.

Hugs!

No comments: